Partners of Mind & Life Europe
At Mind & Life Europe, we believe in the support of and cooperation with organizations that share our values. Currently, we are involved with international partners for the organization of events and joint communication efforts.
Mind & Life Institute, USA
At the Mind & Life Institute, we bring science and contemplative wisdom together to better understand the mind and create positive change in the world. At this critical moment in history, it's clear that efforts to address mounting global challenges must take into account our inner lives, and how individual well-being contributes to collective flourishing.
The Mind & Life Institute and Mind & Life Europe have a shared mission to alleviate suffering and promote human flourishing worldwide.
- Website: https://www.mindandlife.org/
- For more details on our collaboration, see our FAQs.
Upaya Institute and Zen Center, USA
Upaya Institute and Zen Center in Santa Fe, New Mexico, is a Buddhist monastery that offers daily Zen meditation, weekly dharma talks, and programs on Buddhist teachings, Buddhist art, neuroscience, and social engagement. We also offer professional training for end-of-life-care and Buddhist chaplaincy.
Our mission is to provide a context for community practice, education in Buddhism and social service in the areas of death and dying, prison work, the environment, women's rights, and peacework. It endeavors to fulfill the vision of the Five Buddha Family Mandala, by understanding the integration of all of its functions.
- Website: https://www.upaya.org/
- We are partnering with Upaya Institute and Zen Center for the Varela International Symposium.
Science & Wisdom LIVE, United Kingdom
Science & Wisdom LIVE brings meditation practitioners in conversation with scientists to address the problems of contemporary society and come to new possible solutions.
The dialogue between science and contemplative traditions can inspire positive action and inform an ethical response to the challenges of our times, grounded in the human values of cooperation, compassion and equality.
- Website: https://www.sciwizlive.com/
- We are partnering with Science & Wisdom LIVE for the organisation and communication of different events.
Equilibrium Grupo de Salud y Desarrollo, Peru
Equilibrium Grupo de Salud y Desarrollo is a private company that pursues the development of academic and socio-emotional skills in Latin America. It gives educational services through Research Specialized courses and health services through telehealth. Additionally, it generates funds for social labor and research.
- Website: https://crecemostodos.com/
- We are partnering with Equilibrium Grupo de Salud y Desarrollo in offering contemplative science and education courses for professionals in the region.
Metanoia is a research intitute in the making, initiated by Sebastjan Vörös (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts).
- Website: https://metanoia.si/
- We are partnering with Metanoia for the Ouroboros Seminars 2021.
Nirakara is a scientific society dedicated to research and training in cognitive sciences. Cognitive sciences have to be completed with the study of first-person experience, using the phenomenological method and contemplative practices. We develop 'Mindfulness-based programs' (MBI) as a means of intervention in health contexts: clinical, educational, work and social.
- Website: https://nirakara.org/
- We are partnering with Nirakara for the Varela International Symposium.
Founded in 2009, Association pour le Développement de la Mindfulness (ADM) encourages the expansion of Mindfulness in French-speaking Europe through two major programs, MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) and MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy).
While Mindfulness-based interventions are thriving, we try to offer both space for reflection and opening to new applications, and a reference framework true to MBSR / MBCT programs, respectful of the traditional teachings from which they come.
- Website: https://www.association-mindfulness.org/
- We are partnering with ADM for the Varela International Symposium.
Landguet Ried, Switzerland
Landguet Ried is a retreat center and seminar house with accommodation in the area of the Swiss capital of Bern. The center is easily accessible by public transport yet surrounded by nature and forests, providing group organisers with an inspiring setting for deep and authentic interactions among groups, where participants can meet, learn, exercise, interact and share.
- Website: https://www.landguet.ch/
- We are partnering with Landguet Ried for the organisation and communication of different events.