We are building our approach on sound evidence of many kinds, quantitative, qualitative and from the neuroscience, and on good quality current literature on the theory and practice of contemplative and mindfulness based education.
We aim to add to these pages with the help of the community, this is our start.
Research, evidence base, overviews
- Dusana Dorjee (2017). Neuroscience and Psychology of Meditation in Everyday Life: Searching for the Essence of Mind. 1st Edition. Routledge.
- Oren Ergas and Linor L. Hadar (2019). Mindfulness In and As Education: A Map of Developing Academic Discourse from 2002 to 2017.
- Oren Ergas et al. (2018). Contemplative Neuroscience as a Gateway to Mindfulness: Findings from an Educationally Framed Teacher Learning Program.
- Nava Levit-Binnun & Ricardo Tarrasch (2014). Relation between contemplative exercises and an enriched psychology students' experience in a neuroscience course.
- Helle Jensen (2019). A research proposal for a programme to cultivate empathy, relational competence, and mindfulness, using a whole school approach (unpublished proposal, www.empathie-macht-schule.de)
- Birgitte Nielsen et al. (2019). Social, emotional and intercultural competencies: a literature review with a particular focus on the school staff
- Katherine Weare (2018). The Evidence for Mindfulness in Schools for Children and Young People
- Katherine Weare (2019). Promoting Mental Health and Well-Being - What can Schools do?
- Katherine Weare, Elsevier (2019). Mindfulness and contemplative approaches in education
- Karlheinz Valtl (2020). Mindfulness meditation strenghtens the immune system. German language.
- Katherine Weare & Felicia Huppert (2018). Bibliography on Mindfulness and CE in Education
Theory and practice
- Pilar Aguilera (2019). El despertar de tu presencia. Editorial Kairos. (English: The awakening of your presence).
- Caroline Barratt (2020). The Contemplative and Critical in Community. ResearchGate.
- Jamie Bristow (2019). Time for a New Thinking About Mindfulness and Social Change. openDemocracy.
- Jamie Bristow (2019). The Problem of Misrepresenting Mindfulness. Medium.
- Guy Claxton (2017). The Learning Power Approach. Teaching Learners to Teach Themselves. SAGE Publishing.
- Oren Ergas (2019). Education and Mindfulness Practice: Exploring a Dialog Between Two Traditions. Mindfulness, pp. 1-13.
- Kevin Hawkins (2017). Mindful Teacher, Mindful School. Improving Wellbeing in Teaching and Learning. 1st Edition. SAGE Publishing.
- Thich Nhat Hanh & Katherine Weare (2017). Happy Teachers Change the World. A Guide for Cultivating Mindfulness in Education. Parallax Press.
- Jesper Juul & Hellen Jensen (2017). Relational Competence. Towards a new Culture of Education. Edition + Plus.
- Helle Jensen, Jesper Juul, Peter Høeg, Jes Bertelsen, and others (2016). Empathy – it´s what holds the world together. myMorawa, Morawa Lesezirkel GmbH.
- Helle Jensen (2014). Hellwach und ganz bei sich: Achtsamtkeit und Empathie in der Schule. 3rd print 2019.
- Paloma Sainz (2015). Mindfulness para niños. Zenith.
- Paloma Sainz (2018). Mindfulness en la empresa. Zenith.
- Paloma Sainz (2020). All One Project (in English; in Spanish).
- Menka Sanghavi (with Jamie Bristow and Katherine Weare; 2019). Fieldbook for Mindfulness Innovators.
- Darren L. Dunning, Kirsty Griffiths, Willem Kuyken, Catherine Crane, Lucy Foulkes, Jenna Parker, & Tim Dalgleish (2018). Research Review: The Effects of Mindfulness-Based Interventions on Cognition and Mental Health in Children and Adolescents – A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
- The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society (2019). Contemplative Education Bibliography
- Philippa McKeering & Yoon-Suk Hwang (2018). A Systematic Review of Mindfulness-Based School Interventions with Early Adolescents